YOU WOULDN'T ASK YOUR DENTIST TO BUILD YOUR HOUSE OR YOUR PLUMBER TO DESIGN YOUR WEBSITE...
Why would you trust anyone but the construction copywriter with your brand’s words?
Too busy to write your own amazing copy?
Don’t have time to work out how SEO works?
If you’re anything like the builders and engineers I know, you just don’t have enough hours in the day. And writing isn’t your thing – you much prefer building houses and solving engineering or design problems.
But you’re smart enough to know that every piece of communication is a reflection of your brand. You want and need it to be of a high standard.
You need me, The Construction Copywriter, to quickly and efficiently write things for you.
Why a Construction Copywriter is the Answer
Hiring a writer will take a load off your shoulders and ensure your brand is making the right impression with potential clients. Hiring a specialist construction copywriter like me will save you the added task of having to explain industry jargon. Plus I can turn that jargon into words that your clients will understand. That leaves more time for you to do what you do best.
My Experience in the Building Industry
- My family has been part of the building industry for over 25 years – from tradies to suppliers and builders. I’ve been immersed in this field my whole life and am very familiar with it.
- I’ve also been involved in four personal home builds (five if you include my parents’ one while I was living there) so I understand how your clients in the construction industry think. Whether it’s talk about bricks or a colour palette for the interior of a home, whether it’s selecting appliances and fittings, or how to landscape the exterior, and when it comes to understanding all the trades that make a home, I’ve been there and done that (more than once).
- I helped my husband run a business that measured the energy efficiency of homes, where I became very familiar with different materials and features and how they interacted with each other to achieve desirable outcomes for homeowners.
- In addition to all of the above, I’ve worked with real estate agents to sell homes so I know what works and what just sounds like “real estate talk”. Plus I can read house plans – very handy when you don’t have time to explain every feature of a home.
- I have professional writing experience – I’ve loved writing SEO website copy for businesses, and I’ve written capability statements and blogs for many in the construction industry. In addition to this, I’ve written case studies for building suppliers, engineers and software companies. Plus, I used to write feature articles for online news publications. This means I understand the importance of word limits and deadlines.
With an Arts degree (majoring in English Literature) and a Law degree, both from Macquarie University, as well as a Diploma of Teaching, my love of learning is lifelong. These degrees not only taught me the art of research and excellent writing, but they also taught me to think outside the box and instilled in me a thirst for constant improvement. This means I can apply these skills to your business to help you get ahead of your competitors.
I’m also a graduate of the Australian Writers’ Centre and I’m very proud to say I’m a student of Kate Toon, the original queen of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in Australia, and now a Digital Marketing guru. So I’ve learned a thing or two about how to get your website noticed.
How I Work
It was natural for me to combine my two great loves – writing and building – to become The Construction Copywriter.
The best part is I work remotely. So it doesn’t matter where in Australia (or the world) you’re located, with a simple phone call or email, I can write amazing construction copy that will benefit your business.
If you need a professional writer who understands the industry, then I’m the construction copywriter who can make a difference to your business.
Don’t leave something as important as your brand in the hands of just anyone.
During this stage, we will have a brief phone/email conversation about what you require. You will be asked to sign a Proposal and Quote, as well as make an initial payment to activate the project.
This is a crucial step so we can get the details and tone right for the copy. You’ll be asked to fill out a detailed questionnaire. I will then interview you via Microsoft Teams Meeting going through your answers in detail.
This is the fun stage where we see everything come together. I will conduct any necessary research, including keyword research, during this period and consult with you where needed. Then I will write a first draft of your document (or one page of your website) and send to you for feedback. I usually send an explanatory video with the copy. You use Track Changes (or some other agreed method) to review the copy. I make any necessary changes and send back. You have two free amends as part of your package.
Once the copy is completed you are sent an End of Project Sign Off and Review Form. By returning this signed form and paying final invoice, copyright in the work transfers to you and you are able to use it for its intended purpose.